HCAOA Illinois Chair
Katie Fielmann, Comfort Keepers
2018 Private Duty Symposium
Under partnership between Illinois HomeCare & Hospice Council, LeadingAge Illinois and the Home Care Association of America, the fifth annual Private Duty Symposium brings together experts and thought leaders in the home care industry to inform, inspire and enlighten attendees.
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 | 9AM-4PM
Holiday Inn and Tinley Park Convention Center
18501 Convention Center Drive
Tinley Park, IL 60477
Early bird by August 13, 2018
After August 13, 2018
After September 5, 2018 and on-site
||Private Duty Home Care in Health Care Continuum: Allen Hager, Executive Chairman, Right at Home
||Break with Vendors
||Defensive Documentation: Adam Guetzow, David Alfini, and Aimee Delaney, Partners, Hinshaw & Culbertson, LLP
- Advanced Home Care Roles for Quality Care & Quality Jobs: Anna Ortigara, Organizational Change Consultant, PHI
- Back 'N Business: Bill Siomos Sr. Director Rehab, HealthPRO Heritage
- Attract, Convert, Close & Delight Your Prospects with Inbound Marketing: Nicole Wagner, Internet Marketing Director, Stevens and Tate
- Mitigating Risk and Client Driven Litigation for the Homecare Provider: Adam Guetzow, David Alfini, Aimee Delaney, Hinshaw & Culbertson, LLP
- Establishing Partnerships and Best Practices with Assisted Living: Jackie Sander, Executive Director, The Birches Assisted Living; Diane Oremovich, Health and Wellness Administrator, Peace Village; Nancy McCaffrey, Director of Senior Housing Development, Terra Vista of Oakbrook Terrace;and Jack Kreger, Owner, Home Care Management Advisors
||Breakout Sessions (same as above)
||Break with Vendors
||IDPH Update: Karen Senger, RN, BSN, Division Chief, IDPH (joining us by phone)
For more information or to register for this event, please click here.
Monthly Meeting Schedule
HCAOA Illinois meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month. Scheduled 2018 meetings are below:
to view the Overview of Home Health, Home Services, and Home Nursing Services
HCAOA Illinois January Membership Meeting a Huge Success!
HCAOA Illinois held a special membership meeting yesterday, January 16. The meeting took place at the Wilder Mansion in Elmhurst, IL. Over 80 people were in attendance, more than half of whom were potential new members! The meeting ran from about 9:30am to 12:30pm, opening with a networking session, as well as an introduction from each attendee.
HCAOA IL Chapter Chair, Katie Fielmann began by welcoming everyone and thanking them for coming out, despite the bad weather. A brief history of the Home Care Association of America (formerly known as the National Private Duty Association), was provided by one of the founding members, Sheila McMackin. HCAOA Executive Director, Phil Bongiorno was also in attendance. Bongiorno delivered a report on HCAOA goals, including advocacy at the federal and state levels, increasing public awareness and focusing on the future of home care.
Mike O’Brien and Karen Stephenson of the chapter Legislative Committee presented a legislative history overview, as it relates to the home care industry in Illinois. Stephenson also discussed the two bills that the chapter was able to pass during 2017: the Employee Misclassification Referral System Act and Home Health Agencies Referrals.
Shannon Rapp, HCAOA Illinois member and owner of BlueSky Home Care, provided a testimonial about the importance of being a member of her state chapter. Membership Chair, Dave Eggering closed the meeting by highlighting member benefits and encouraging non-members to join HCAOA.
Interested in Joining?
If you are interested in joining HCAOA Illinois, please contact Nataly Schwartz, Manager of Chapter Services at firstname.lastname@example.org