HCAOA Illinois Chair
Katie Fielmann, Comfort Keepers
Co-sponsored by the Illinois HomeCare & Hospice Council, Leading Age Illinois and the Illinois Chapter of the Home Care Association of America, the Private Duty Symposium is one of the industry's premier events in Illinois. Over 200 home care owners, administrators and clinical staff from across the state attend this educational and networking seminar each year.
The Symposium will feature a keynote session led by William Rhoades, DO, FACP of the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. Dr. Rhoades will present findings on the current state of healthcare, inviting attendees to “take the pulse” of the healthcare landscape.
The closing session will be led by Jack Fleeharty, RN, EMTP, program manager of the Office of Health Care Facilities and Programs at the Illinois Department of Public Health. Fleeharty will provide an update on key policies from the IDPH.
And finally, the Symposium will feature a session led by Margaret Fitzpatrick, RN, CRNA, author of Getting the Best Care. Fitzpatrick, nurse anesthetist and former critical care nurse, will describe care strategies to prevent the "boomerang effect" of repeat ER visits.
View the full program here; additional speakers are as follows:
- Aishling Dalton-Kelly, CEO, Aishling Companion Home Services
- Carl White, Founder and President, MarketVisory Group, Inc.
- Adam Guetzow, Partner, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Aimee Delaney, Partner, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- David Alfini, Partner, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Chelsey Byers Gerstenecker, Extension Educator, Family Life, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Karla Belzer, Extension Educator, Family Life, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- John Larson, CEO, Cantata Adult Life Services
- Meredith Duncan, Shareholder, Polsinelli PC
What: The Private Duty Symposium
When: Wednesday, November 13, 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
1120 East Diehl Road
Naperville, IL 60563
Click here to register. Early bird rates expire September 20.
Monthly Meeting Schedule
HCAOA Illinois meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month. Scheduled 2019 meetings are below:
to view the Overview of Home Health, Home Services, and Home Nursing Services
HCAOA Illinois August Meeting
HCAOA Illinois held its most recent chapter meeting Tuesday, August 20. The meeting took place at the Wilder Mansion in Elmhurst, IL. The meeting ran from about 9:30am to 12:30pm, opening with a networking session, as well as an introduction from each attendee.
Interested in Joining?
If you are interested in joining HCAOA Illinois, please contact Nataly Schwartz at email@example.com