Rediscover the Magic of Home Care
As the premier association representing the home care industry, HCAOA is committed to connecting and educating its members. We stay on top of the latest issues, have our finger on the pulse of future trends and keep our member companies informed. Whether providing training on the latest business strategies, technology or hosting our dynamic annual leadership conference, HCAOA enables our members to grow, advance workers' skills and meet the needs of America's seniors.
The 2020 HCAOA Annual Leadership Conference, “Rediscover the Magic of Home Care” will take place in Orlando, FL on October 4-5 at the Hilton Orlando Hotel. Our conference provides sessions that appeal to the seasoned home care business professional as well as those new to the industry. We invite you to share your knowledge, experience and expertise with our members.
If you know of a colleague or speaker/presenter that may be interested in submitting a proposal, please feel free to share this information as you see fit. All proposals must be submitted to the HCAOA no later than Friday, March 6. Proposals will be reviewed by our Conference Committee and presenters will be notified of their presentation status by May 29.
The Annual Leadership Conference will have four tracks and seeks proposals on the following topics. Other topics and areas of focus that appeal to the home care industry are also welcomed.
Track #1: Emerging Providers
- What Did You Do To Successfully Break Out of the 1MM-1.5MM Mark
- How to Hire Your First Marketing/Sales Staff
- Understanding Your Processes
- Define/Manage Your Marketing or Sales Systems
- Managing Your Sales Force Process
- When Do I Hire Additional Staff?
- How Do I Divide Duties Amongst Staff?
- How To Read Your Financials To Assist In Making Better Financial Decisions
- Identifying Clients, Who Their Influencers Are, How To Market to Influencers
- Effective Ways To Stand Out When Building Relationships with Referral Sources
- Website/Internet Marketing & Recruitment Strategies
- Professional Referral Source Marketing Strategies (Medical-related, Fiduciaries, Legal, etc)
- Analyzing Your Business Operations – Best Practices
- Financial Analysis of Your Business – Looking At Your Financials vs Benchmarks
- Lessons Learned In the Process of Getting Out of Working In Your Business Versus Working On Your Business
Track #2: Established Providers
- How To Successfully Break Out of the $3MM or $5MM Revenue Plateau Mark
- Secrets from a Hospital Discharge Planner
- How To Track Outcomes Efficiently, Value Based Reimbursements
- How To Partner With A Care Management Company
- Added Value Service Lines
- Identifying Opportunities To Acquire Competitors
- How To Finance New Acquisitions (Growth Capitol Opportunities)
- Don’t Be Intimidated – How You Can Effectively Impact Legislation In Your Market
- Macro Strategies for the Well-Established Agency – Medicare advantage, AI, MCO/ACO integrations, Network building
- Leveraging Your POC Software To Track Empirical Proof of Your Quality of Care
- Managing On-Call In Effective, Compliant, and Inexpensive Ways
- Sales Force Development: Defining Sales Role, Hiring, Training, Managing and Incentives
Track #3: Recruitment & Retention
- How To Reconnect With Your Staff/How To Reconnect The Workforce Despite Generational Differences
- Creative Ways To Combat Workplace Shortage (Advocate for curriculum changes, immigration, legislation etc.)
- Recruitment/Retention Strategies for Millennials, Gen Z, Baby Boomers
- What Is Your State Doing To Improve Workplace Shortage?
- What Can The Industry Do To Lower The Barrier Into This Career? (scholarships, better education, etc.)
- Understanding Your Staff’s Personalities
- How To Identify Motivation Factors
- How To Ensure Candidates Fit The Culture of Your Business
- How To Develop Supervisors/Schedulers To Keep Caregivers Engaged
- How Does Your Office Staff Affect The Culture of Your Business
- Company Culture - How To Retain The Best Caregivers
- Retention- What Things Really Matter To Caregivers That Make Them Stay?
- Recruitment/Retention- Caregiving As A Career
Track #4: Growth Opportunities
- New Opportunities Within the Home Care Space
- How To Collect and Utilize Big Data
- How To Use AI In Your Agency Operations
- Models For White Labeling Home Care Services Into Facilities
- The Power of Your Brand, How To Use Your Brand To Leverage Growth
- How To Create A Niche Service Line for Your Market
- Compensation Models for Sales Staff
- How To Effectively Incorporate Care Technologies Into Your Business
- How To Effectively Manage Margins/Profit
- Profitability - Creative ways to increase revenue and decrease expenses
- Partnerships with Retirement Communities, NORCs (Naturally Occurring Retirement Communities), Medicare Home Health Agencies, Hospice Agencies, Elder-Affiliated Associations
- Safe Transition Home Partnerships with Hospitals
- Medicare Advantage plans
IF chosen as a presenter you will receive:
(1) Discounted Annual Leadership Conference Registration
(1) Complimentary Overnight stay at host hotel, Hilton Orlando
Opportunity to share your expertise and network with home care providers across the country
Opportunity to network with leading vendors and experts in the home care industry
*Travel expenses will not be reimbursed.
Proposals will be reviewed by our Conference Committee and presenters will be notified of their presentation status by May 29.
Please click HERE to submit a speaking proposal for the 2020 Annual Leadership Conference. To see the submission form fields prior to submitting your proposal, please click here.
Thank you for your proposals!